Unbox Your Creativity. Let Your Creativity Thrive with LUMIX.
The Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 Box Camera is a mirrorless cinema and live camera featuring C4K 60p/50p, 10-bit video recording.
We are happy to announce the release of the brand’s first box-style Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 Camera. The LUMIX BGH1 is also great for streaming, so let your creativity thrive with LUMIX!
Based on the Micro Four Thirds System standard, the new LUMIX BGH1 takes advantage of high mobility and an extensive interchangeable lens lineup.
Key Features of Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 Box Camera
- A BOX CAMERA PERFECT FOR LIVESTREAMS, BROADCASTS AND CINEMA. The high-performance BGH1 is small and light, with not only expandability but multi-camera control with Wi-Fi, PoE+ and 3G-SDI.
- ASTONISHING IMAGE QUALITY. Camera provides superior low-light performance using a high sensitivity, 10.2MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor with Dual Native ISO technology to minimize noise.
- EXCEPTIONAL VIDEO CAPABILITY. C4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit, 4:2:2 30p 10-bit ALL-Intra 400Mbps recording, V-Log L with 13 stops of dynamic range
- PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL FEATURES. 10-bit internal recording ensures rich data and smooth gradation, with the option of simultaneous live output over HDMI or 3G-SDI. Supports Anamorphic recording, Genlock IN/Timecoode IN/OUT and unlimited recording on all settings.
- REMOTE CONTROL. Control of multi BGH1 cameras remotely via Ethernet with LUMIX Tether App while supplying power via PoE+. Control both by the app and with SDK is also available via USB-C.
10.2MP Live MOS Sensor with Dual Native ISO on the Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 Camera
The LUMIX BGH1 features a 10.2MP Live MOS sensor with Dual Native ISO technology for outstanding low-light video performance
For cinematic productions, broadcasting or live streaming, LUMIX wants you to think inside the box! The LUMIX BGH1 is an exceptionally lightweight and easy-to-install box camera. The arrival of the BGH1 is timed perfectly, in this case, against an increasing need for top-quality streaming, traditional broadcasting and cinema production. Firstly, the LUMIX BGH1 offers unprecedented versatility. It is perfect for shooting on not only drones/ gimbals and vehicles, but IP remote control, and live streaming. In addition, its high degree of expandability allows for multi-camera control. Its extensive interchangeable lens lineup is also based on the Micro Four Thirds System. Crystallizing all technologies Panasonic has ever acquired through the development of professional cinema cameras, camcorders and the LUMIX GH series, all in all, the LUMIX BGH1 is a camera to inspire content creators and bring your work to the next level.
C4K/4K 60p/50p 10-bit Internal/External Recording
The LUMIX BGH1 integrates a High Sensitivity 10.2-megapixel Live MOS Sensor with Dual Native ISO technology. Uniquely, this technology offers two circuits of separate native ISO to minimize noise generation. As a result, a maximum recording is at ISO 51200. The camera also enables 10-bit C4K 60p internal video recording with pre-installed V-Log L with 13 stops of dynamic range. It is also capable of C4K 4:2:2 10-bit output over HDMI. The VFR (Variable Frame Rate) lets you record overcranked / undercranked video in C4K/4K (60 fps, maximum 2.5x slower in 24p) and FHD (240 fps, maximum 10x slower in 24p)*. A new heat dispersion structure with integrated fan also allows unlimited video recording. In addition, the body frame is made of aluminum and magnesium alloy. These materials work to realize both durability and light weight.
Wide Dynamic Range of 13 Stops with V-Log L
The LUMIX BGH1 features a wide dynamic range of 13 stops with V-Log L. All while color graders can also utilize the same LUTs they use with V-Log.
Stream images, control and power the BGH1 with Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+) for simple installations. Control up to a maximum of 12 BGH1 cameras, using the Panasonic LUMIX Tether for Multicam**. With future firmware updates, it will support wired IP streaming (RTP/RTSP). SDK*** is available to enable the custom control via USB, and in addition to USB-C 3.1 Type-C, a 3G-SDI and an HDMI Type A terminal are equipped, which can be used for simultaneous output. Moreover, Genlock IN/ Timecode IN/OUT functions which enable multi-angle synchronized video recording are available to build a scalable system with external monitors, rigs and gimbals supplied from other manufacturers.
The camera’s temperature can be suppressed with the cooling fan. In addition, it can also be used for an unlimited time within the operating guaranteed temperature range.
A LUMIX First: Simultaneous SDI/HDMI Output with the Panasonic LUMIX BGH1 Box Camera
- Simultaneously monitor SDI output
- Record HDMI output externally
- Control the camera remotely via USB or LAN tethering