Whether you shoot Canon or not, this is not a night to miss. We’ll have live demonstrations where you can learn to photograph macro, portraits, and indoor sports in a fun environment. The Bergen County Camera staff will be available for all your questions. You will leave this event feeling more comfortable and confident with your camera.
Get inspired by one photographer’s love of photography and her Canon camera.
Enter the world of the digital SLR and learn about your camera, and how to make great pictures with it. We’ll take you out of “automatic,” but we won’t overload you with too much detail.
You’ll see many examples of great photography, and learn techniques to use exposure, composition, flash, and a variety of lenses to get the same types of results. Our Basic Discovery Day class is a three-hour investment in your EOS digital SLR that will pay dividends over and over as you grow with your camera system.
During this course you will:
Become familiar with the operation and features of your EOS camera, and discover how and when to control them for dramatic results
Learn to expand your creative options, using different camera features and photographic techniques to evolve your pictures from snapshots to photographs
See actual examples of how Canon lenses and Speedlite flashes can be used to add impact to your pictures
May 21 – Rockland Boulders Dugout Shoot – Photograph Opening Day from the dugout of the Rockland Boulders.
We have reserved opening night, Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 6:30PM. This is a meet-up trip and does not include transportation. Parking is $5 per vehicle. Ballpark food and refreshments will be served in the Dugout before the start of the game at 7PM. Our group will have exclusive access to the Dugout right next to the Boulders dugout. Canon will have camera bodies and lenses for you to try out during the event. Be prepared to stick around, there will be fireworks after the game!
Representatives from Canon will be on hand to answer questions and help you get the best shots at the game. We will have a Canon printer set-up in the dugout to make a high quality print from you favorite image of the night!
A pre-trip lecture will be held in our Westwood store on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 from 7pm to 8pm. The pre-trip lecture will cover what you should expect, what to bring, and how to get the best shots! Tickets are $50 each and include access to the Dugout and ballpark refreshments. Tickets will be distributed at the Tuesday night class. If you can’t make it please make arrangements to pick up your tickets at Bergen County Camera in Westwood before the trip. Tripods and monopods are recommended for this trip.
If you’re a more experienced SLR user, this 3-hour session is your ticket to learning about the more sophisticated features of your EOS camera. We’ll take you to the next step in crafting great photographs, with details about the advanced controls in your camera and how to use them in real-life situations.
Many examples of great imagery utilizing the camera’s features come to life in this class. We’ll demystify your camera’s histogram, give you details about lighting and exposure control, and show the power of using an EOS speedlite to bring your photography to the next level.
During this class you will:
• Learn more about exposure and the different metering modes.
• See how exposure compensation adjustments can enhance your image.
• Recognize how angle of light should be looked at when metering an image.
• Make us of the “My Menu” tab so that when the photographic moment presents itself, you can easily capture it.
• Experience how auto exposure bracketing can enhance your images with more detail.
• Learn which metering mode will work best for your particular shooting situation.
• Interrupt histograms and see how the information they contain can help you take better photographs.
• Understand how histograms work and all the benefits of using them
• Explore the different speedlites and how to get the most out of them for you imagery.
• Experience how White Balance and picture styles can be changed to make your photos pop with color.
• Utilize advanced settings in your camera, like Noise Reduction, to capture Long Exposure creatively in your images