10 years after Lightroom made its debut we have a new beta version from Adobe Labs, Lightroom 4! Lightroom’s history is outlined on this Wikipedia page. Beta software is not for everyone so be sure to backup your work, and understand this beta software should be used for learning features, testing and tinkering. The final release may or may not be compatible with what you do in the beta so keep this in mind. Lightroom 4 beta will be available for download until the products expiration on March 31, 2012. We’ll post our impressions just as soon as we have a chance to test it out.
Download the Lightroom 4 beta
Here’s a quick look at the new features from Adobe’s website
New Features in Lightroom 4 Beta
- Highlight and shadow recovery brings out all the detail that your camera captures in dark shadows and bright highlights.
- Photo book creation with easy-to-use elegant templates.
- Location-based organization lets you find and group images by location, assign locations to images, and display data from GPS-enabled cameras.
- White balance brush to refine and adjust white balance in specific areas of your images.
- Additional local editing controls let you adjust noise reduction and remove moiré in targeted areas of your images.
- Extended video support for organizing, viewing, and making adjustments and edits to video clips.
- Easy video publishing lets you edit and share video clips on Facebook and Flickr®.
- Soft proofing to preview how an image will look when printed with color-managed printers.
- Email directly from Lightroom using the email account of your choice.