Leica Camera just announced the Leica V-LUX 3, a fantastic addition to Leica’s line-up of digital compact cameras. The V-LUX 3 focal length range of 25mm – 600 mm and its full HD video recording function, the new Leica V-LUX 3 expands Leica’s range of digital compact cameras. This innovative “all-in-one” camera combines classic photography functions with video quality that is on par with premium camcorders. We’ll post again once we’ve got a chance to check the camera and have some images to share. Read on for specifications and features from Leica.
Leica V-LUX 3:
• Focal range of 25mm – 600mm, with a 24x super telephoto zoom for photo and video modes
• 12.1 MP CMOS sensor and a burst shooting speed of 12 frames per second at full resolution
• Full HD video recording function with stereo sound
• Electronic viewfinder and 3 inch tilting display
• Compact design but packed with features of an entry-level DSLR camera
• Packaged with Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premier Elements
• 2-year warranty
Features of the Leica V- LUX 3
The Leica Vario-Elmarit 4.5-108mm f/2.8-5.2 ASPH. lens has an impressive focal length range, from 25mm super wide angle to 600mm (35mm equivalent), with 24x super telephoto zoom for photo and video modes, providing the perfect solution for almost any photographic situation. The newly developed 12.1 MP CMOS sensor delivers exceptional picture quality and a burst shooting speed of 12 frames per second at full resolution, making it one of the fastest in its class. The camera also delivers full HD quality videos with stereo sound and HDMI connectivity. The 3″ tilting display can be rotated in almost every direction, making it easy to take worm’s eye view or overhead shots. Compact in design, the camera is easy to transport, making it the ideal companion wherever one goes.
Adobe Photoshop Elements Premiere Elements will be offered as free downloads, a complete software package for editing photos and videos. Customers can request this by registering in the “Customer Area” of Leica Camera’s homepage.