We’ve received several phone calls starting today about Leica’s new firmware for the M9. Although this was a rumor earlier today, it is now confirmed as I just received the official announcement from Leica. The M9 firmware version 1.116 is now available for download for registered owners of the M9.
Leica M9 v1.116 firmware download Full Firmware installation instructions
Leica M9 Downloads Index with full info about the camera, detailed instructions and available downloads. Please give us a call if you have any questions.
This firmware updates the following as taken from the Leica announcement:
The improvements in the Firmware Version 1.116 are:
- Faster zooming into the last picture taken.
- Speed of SD-card formatting enhanced.
- Image quality of “thumbnail” pictures improved.
- SD- Card compatibility improved*
- correction at ISO 2500, interpolated for intermediate ISO steps.
- New ISO setting-related vignetting correction: strongest correction at ISO 160, and lowest
- Magenta colour shift correction for the following wide angle lenses improved: M 18mm/f3.8 ASPH (11649), M 21mm/f2.8 ASPH (11135), M 24mm/f3.8 ASPH (11648), M 28mm/f2 ASPH (11604), M 28mm/f2.8 ASPH (11606)
- Transfer of large data amounts to a Mac in USB-Mass storage mode.
Sensor cleaning mode with battery capacity <50%.
Function “Deleting all images” while zoomed picture is shown on screen.
Function “Deleting all images” from a SD card with non-M9 pictures on it.
Interrupting a long exposure by switching off the camera.
Zooming into pictures with “Vintage B+W” setting.
Max aperture value” in EXIF data corrected for the following lenses: M 35mm/f1.4 (11869, 11870, 11860), M 50mm/f0.95 ASPH. (11602), M 50mm/f1.2 (11820), M 135mm/f3.4 APO (11889), M 135mm/f4 (11851, 11861)
Wording issues in English, Japanese and traditional Chinese menus
Various other minor bug fixes.